Teachers and Staff
All school staff have the power to make a positive difference in students’ lives. Project Cornerstone offers training and consulting services to help all adults in the school community create a positive, caring climate:
- Introduction to Asset Building at School: This workshop introduces school staff to using the developmental assets framework to guide a strength-based approach to working with students. Topics include the nine factors that that contribute the most to school success, the importance of building positive relationships with students and the serious negative impact of bullying behaviors on the entire school community.
- What We Permit, We Promote: Bullying is the most common kind of violence in schools. In fact, the American Academy of Pediatrics and American Academy of Family Physicians now recognize bullying as a serious health and wellness issue for young people. This workshop helps teachers, administrators and classified staff understand bullying’s negative impact on a school community and empowers them to identify and interrupt bullying whenever it occurs.
Additional consulting is available to help schools with the following:
- Developing asset-building programs such as service learning, cross-age tutoring
and lunchtime activities.
- Transitioning from a deficit-based to a strength-based model for counseling,
classroom management and special education.
- Developing meaningful student recognition programs such as character awards and
Project Cornerstone also offers training and consulting for district administrators. Contact us at (408) 351-6482 or email@example.com for more information.
Project Cornerstone’s programs training give the Fisher community the skills and inspiration to create a positive school climate where students feel supported and thrive.
–Lisa Fraser, Principal, Fisher Middle School